Re: Who's the real "Gang"?

May 07, 1996 00:07 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 01:34 AM 5/7/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Alex,
>That is very true, but you know I am not one to suffer in silence.  But thus
>far none of these terrible things has happened to me.  Maybe I lead a charmed
>life or something.  Anyway, we'll see what happens as what we do on this list
>gets around.
>
>Chuck the Barbarian MTI, FTSA, MG of 5
>Heretic
>Troublemaker
>
>As to "suffering in silence" I am hardly one to do that either. There are
things I really dislike on this board. like writing to one person in what is
largely a one on one vein and getting flamed from dear saintly Eldon
because, not of something I said to hem, but because of something I said to
either you, or jerry or John Cooper. Now, it seems to me that IF I insulted
him personally, then it would be in a message TO him, and then he has a
right to respond in any way he likes. But If I say to you that I think so
and so is a pain in the ass, that's primarily something between you and I.
Does that mean I have to correspond with those people I trust and like only
in private messages? If so, I'm certainly going to do so. I am really
getting tired of Eldon"s lectures and his spin doctoring, which I consider
inherently dishonest. Maybe it's better policy for me, that when I'm not
making postings dealing with purely intellectual and occult matters, to put
any messages that refer at all to my personal feelings, on private messages.
The eldon and those like him will have nothing to complain about. It won't
change how I've come to feel about them, they simply will not know about it.
The more I think about this policy, the better I like it.

Another thing that is mightily disturbing me vis a vis many theosophists, is
that they talk about the importance of the first object, but what do they
actually do about it? Just telling people it isn't brotherly not to be
"nice" (which I'm not) is not worth a hill of beans. I'm a long time Karma
Yogi, you know more than most the exact extent of it, I need to know how
reading and quoting the Secret Doctrine actually furthers "Brotherhood"? I
know the voter registration drive in Georgia and Alabama did.
Brother-sisterhood, it seems to me, is not much furthered from the top of an
ivory tower. It's beginning to appear to me as if the Theosophical Ivory
Tower possesses no stairway or elevator which takes one down to earth level.

alexis d.