Re: Who's the real "Gang"?

May 07, 1996 03:17 AM
by Eldon B. Tucker

JRC:

I appreciate the civil tone in your posting on this
topic. I was not fully aware of the historic background
of the "gang of four", and might have chosen a different
caricature to respond to Alexis with had I known.

You're right that such a negative comment is in bad
taste, and I shouldn't have joined into the mud fight
that was going on at the time. I was trying to pick a
strong, attention-grabbing, graphic image, in writing
to Alexis, but did not pick a good one, nor add the
necessary "<grin>" in clarification.

I agree with you that the theosophical groups, as we
currently know them, won't exist long into the next
century. They will have to change by necessity or
disappear entirely. But I would disagree, perhaps, on
what would be the appropriate direction to change them
into. There are a number of different approaches that
might be tried, and I could see myself working in a
different experimental approach than you might be
working in. Hopefully these distinct approaches will
stay in mutual tolerance and harmony, recognizing that
they all work towards the same ultimate goal of
unselfish service.

-- Eldon