Re: Breath

May 06, 1996 04:28 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <960506001847_287923765@emout17.mail.aol.com>, RIhle@aol.com
writes
>Anyway, it is possible to understand how Self may be able to "make a
>connection" with Spirit (Atma-Buddhi) because of the "verisimilitude of their
>ultra-rarefied Natures"; however, it is problematic to conceive of how Spirit
>can have any association with a physical body at all unless something else on
>the "Prakriti side of things" operated as its "threshold of interpentration."

My considered response here is that it is rather that Spirit may, from
time to time, "make a connection" with Self - if Self is awake enough.
My experience suggests that Spirit (individual *or* universal) does not
have any association with a physical body other than "overseeing" one.
Spirit is a bit like a) Saturn, who eats his children, or b) The Great
Mother Goddess, who eats her children.

This is another way (IMO) of saying that the interest of Spirit in the
human equation is to "digest" the experience of the life of the
individual Self - and *very very* occasionally to lend a hand in
emergencies. :-)

I made a record of a 1977 (?) experience which I will try to find and
post for the possible interest of subscribers to the list.  Extra good
karma will accrue to TI members ... :-)

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: