Re: What is the definition of "fruitcake"?

May 04, 1996 09:45 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 08:49 AM 5/4/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Alex,
>My friend and fellow heresiarch,  you, of all people, know that I am not
>going to disparage anyone's sexual orientation, my own tastes being what they
>are as well as my activist status in the alternative lifestyle community, but
>I have never in any context heard the word "fruitcake" applied in any way
>other than refering to the amount of nuts loose on the earth, except of
>course for the inedible xmas concoction.  Now maybe slang is different where
>you are, in which case we must defer to your experience, and I would never
>deliberately use a word that I knew offended you unless I was very, very,
>very, very pissed, but this time you may be just a bit overboard.  I doubt
>that Keith meant it in any way other than to say that Bubba Free John is a
>loon, which he is.
>Let's just consider the word a miscommunication and put an end to this
>thread.
>
>Chuck the Barbarian MTI, FTSA, M G of 5
>Heretic
>Troublemaker
>

>Do you remember earlier on when we had a little discussion vis a vis
"regional differences in language",Well, apparently this is one of them. In
my experience it is just a euphemism for "fruit" and thusly offends me.
Obviously in Texas it isn't, or in Chicago either apparently. But it
certainly was back when I was in the Army. In any case I'd be happy to end
this discussion but I would have liked to hear from Keith saying"Alex that's
not how I meant it". I know that you personally would never ever either
offend me or any Gay person gratuitously. I trust you Chuck.

alexis