Re: Wilber and Hero Worship

May 03, 1996 11:05 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 09:55 PM 5/3/96 -0400, you wrote:
>I'm tellin' ya ... it's retrograde mayhem!

----------

>Responding to Keith's posts, Alexis writes,
>
>> Now I do want to say this, Franklin (that's his real name) is fat, he's
>> anglo, and he is a gay man, but the word "Fruitcake" is no more acceptable
>> than the word "Nigger! If you're going to sign your messages with "Namaste"
>> you'd best mean it for everybody. I'm not the only Gay person on this list
>> and I take very strong exception to words like "fag" and "fruitcake"! I
>
>Geez, chill out !  I did not get the sense Keith was using the word
>"fruitcake" in a way that had anything to do with gays !  I understood Keith
>to mean that this guru fellow looks very strange.  Fruitcake has a lot of
>meanings, you know?
>
>And Keith did NOT use the word "fag."  Boy.  How quickly one can assume they
>are being called names.  I wonder if in a day or two Alexis is going to run
>around writing that he's personally been called "heretic" "blasphemer" and
>"fag" to boot.
>
>Oh, the evils of Theos-hell !
>
>Oh now you chill out Donna.

I didn't say Keith used the word "fag" I was objecting to his use of the
word "fruitcake" which most "Gay" men in the parts of this country in which
I have lived, have heard used in reference to themselves, and I was
comparing it to the word "fag" which is no better. As a woman you have
obviously never been called either, perhaps if you had been you'd be a
little more sensitive to other people's "sore spots". I've been fighting for
Gay equality since 1950 and I've got lot's of sore spots. This discussion
has nothing to do with theosophy or with theos-list it is personal and
between Keith and myself but so far everybody but Keith has responded. As to
your last sentence it is utterly gratuitous and I resent it bitterly!

alexis d.