Re: Doctrine

May 03, 1996 10:55 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 07:51 PM 5/3/96 -0400, you wrote:

>This, sir, is another ripple in a long stream of the nastiest invective I
>have ever read in my short experience on the Internet.  You suggest that one
>may use the "delete" key but in fact your personal remarks, which seem aimed
>to hurt the PERSON and not just discuss the ideas, draw the whole group into
>the malestrom.  How do I delete all of that?  I certainly feel you are
>entitled to your opinion, but why the nasty, personally-aimed barbs?  I
>certainly don't feel welcome here to a nucleus of Brotherhood, and I too
>would like to sign off if this is typical of this discussion.  I suppose my
>views will also make me one of the "repugnant" ones?
>
>JPR

O.K. One more time. I call people Pharisees who have called me "heretic"
"blasphemer" "anarchist","Atheist" and a "denigrator of H.P.B." This all
resulted because I have a somewhat different view of what theosophy is all
about than they do. I have also been dubbed a member of "The Gang of Four"
which I hope you will remember originated in China as a very strong
pejorative. Now after trying to deal as reasonably as a person can with
differences of opinions, and after complaining bitterly about what I'd been
called, I respond by terming those who directed those comments to me
Pharisees! I did so because Pharisees are the kind of people who call other
people heretics...and then, instantly I am changed form mere heretic to
Attila the Hun. Oh well he was one of my ancestors. I'm sorry but I will not
be a passive "punching bag". How is it you cannot see that the terms
directed towards me are also personal and hurtful?

alexis d.