German!

May 04, 1996 03:04 PM
by Alan

In message <199605042030.QAA22725@ultra1.dreamscape.com>, "liesel f.
deutsch" <liesel@dreamscape.com> writes
>It's *der* Mensch, not das Mensch.
>
>Shalom

Nothing to do with theosophy, but I recall in school our German teacher
took us through a German poem which translated into English as

"And then the man the tiger ate."

Even in the German it was impossible to tell who ate who.

German tourist in English restaurant:  "Waiter!  I have been here since
half an hour! When do I become sausages!?"

Alan :-)
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL:
Ancient Wisdom for a New Age