Eldon on Theo. Groups

May 02, 1996 09:32 PM
by Keith Price

Eldon touched on a topic of the emphasis that various groups have and that this
has created a kind of denominantional problem in the theosphical movement.  That
is some groups emphasize HPB, but not CWL or Purucker and on and on.

I can only speak for myself, but I wonder if many get frustrated with this or
that approach because it doesn't address the core issue of the spritual
development of the individual in practical terms as opposed to theoretical and
historical issues.

In other words, how do the notions of the cycles of manifestation, reincarnation
and karma help one develop all of the vehicles.  How do we stop aruging the
ideas and live the life?

I have been forced to focus on the need to regenerate the inncessant demands of
my kama-manas or desire-mind.  This has strenghened my belief in reincarnation
in that I can see how these issues came over from another life and I have been
given the opportunity to pay karmic debts by suffering  to restructure myself  a
little at a time.  Christina Grof has written about the spiritual emergence
movement and has started a network to help those in a spiritual crisis.

Transpersonal psychology, deep ecolgoy and other movements are addressing issues
beyond mental analysis.  I am brainstorming, but I think that many feel this and
may be looking for answers in karma yoga, bakti yoga, hatha yoga and tantra
because rational analysis has reached a kind of dead end crisis.  This could
lead to a new type of irrationality of cults, drugs, violence, gangs, terrorism
etc. or type of transrationality we all dimly expect and even glimpse, but have
trouble making it practical perhaps.  Unity consciousness at one with everyday
consciousness is the philosopher's stone and jewel of great place and like the
grail seems  "occult" in a special way.

Namaste
Keith Price