Re: TSA Elections-2 Year Voting Requirement

May 02, 1996 04:30 PM
by Richtay

One writer says,

> Any organization in The United States of
> America must be run on fully Democratic principle, this is not Democratic.
This is simply not true.  Where did you ever get that idea?

There are plenty of groups in America, from religions to corporations to the
most racist KKK groups and such, that do NOT operate on democratic
principles.

In general, organizations that receive state or federal funds need to operate
in line with Constitutional values, but even there grants are made to
religious and other groups which are completely authoritarian.  I have never
heard of a business, of any appreciable size, which was actually democratic.
 Heaven forbid!  Bosses make decisions, employees follow them.

As a private institution, I strongly doubt that the T.S. must be democratic.
 Rather, it must follow its own Constitution and By-Laws, respect non-profit
or not-for profit tax codes, local zoning laws, etc., or else be in legal
jeopardy of retaining its assets.  Otherwise, whatever the duly elected T.S.
officials decide, provided it is in line with TS rules and regulations, will
be viewed by governmental authorities as purely internal affairs.