Re: More on World Service-Wesak

May 02, 1996 08:45 PM
by Bee Brown

m.k. ramadoss wrote:

> Keith:
>
> Glad to see your post and remind us of the Wesak. Most full moon days are
> generally considered important by Hindus also. In addition Wesak is
> considered more important. I am sure those who started the tradition
> should have known something about the unseen influences. Years ago my dad
> used to invite all the TS members to our home on the Wesak evening for a
> dinner followed by a brief meditation and discussion. At that time I was
> too young to follow what was going on except that all of us in the family
> were excited about the visit of all the members of TS. It was a very good
> and friendly brotherly feeling that everybody felt when they left.
>
> So let each who believes can do what they want on Wesak evening. Do you
> know the exact time CST of the full moon?
> Doss.

Here in NZ it is 11.48pm Friday 2nd. I guess that isn't much use to you over
there. We have a neat video of a TV team trekking all the way to the valley
high in the Himalayas to film part of the Wesak festival so we intend to show
it at 8pm, have a cuppa and then meditate for as long as people want. We have
spread the word in town and put it over the radio so I will be interested to
see how many turn up. I am looking forward to a good meditate.
Liesel, when we have done with it I have arranged a copy for you. Sh..sh..
Regards

   Bee Brown
   Member TSNZ,Wanganui Branch.
   Theos Int & L