Re: Bee's comments

Apr 28, 1996 05:28 PM
by Richtay

Dear Bee,

It's about time someone "neutral" pointed out what's been going on here.

Why is it so easy to go from "difference of opinion" to "I'm going to
character-assassinate you"?

For myself, I can say that the VERY DAY the new list Eldon and Jerry HE and
JPR and others gets up and running, I am transferring, and theos-l can
insult, belittle, and berate all the Theosophists and Establishments it
likes.  Should be interesting who will be left to get "beat up"
gangster-style.

Just imagine -- no more one-liners, no more insults.

Maybe on the new list people can talk about their STUDY, their IDEAS and
their PRACTICE of the teachings of Theosophy, and leave personal stuff
(including attacks) at home.  I think it will be a hell of a lot more
welcoming to newcomers trying desperately just to learn what the heck
Theosophy is about.

And perhaps a supportive community for those of us who work in lodges, we
could actually report what our study groups are studying, and how it's going,
and what we'd like more of.

Cool.