Is this a Theosophical List?

Apr 28, 1996 06:50 AM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <199604280458.VAA00405@web.azstarnet.com>, Blavatsky
Foundation <blafoun@AZStarNet.com> writes
>Hey, you know, I can even read and study Theosophical books without ever
>becoming a member of any of these Theosophical groups.  That way I don't
>have to get sucked into
>all these squabbles about how bad Radha may be, or what sneaky things the
>Wheaton people may be up to, etc etc. ad infinitum and ad pukum!

So can we all. And we don't have to read everything that comes down the
wire.  I have even been known to press "delete" on the occasional
posting of your :-)

>Without ever being a member of any T. group,
>I can study Theosophy and try to live it in my personal life and maybe try
>to share it with
>new people, people who could care less about Theosophical socieites and
>groups, but who
>might find some inspiration and upliftment from reading about Theosophy.

So can we all. So many of us do - why should any reader of this list
suppose that this is the *only* place we do anything?  One of the newer
TI members is also the organiser of medit-l.  Sy Ginsburg runs the Miami
Theosophical Lodge of 115 members.  I even co-ordinate a small study
group myself.

>Hey, folks, instead of spending so much time on Theos-l, maybe we should all
>get  out in our local communities and
>let NEW  people know there is such a thing as Theosophy.  Most people don't
>know about it.

Why not do both?  You seem, if I may say so, to have a problem.

>Buy TONS of your favorite Theosophical books and share them with others.  The
>Theosophical publishers will make some money and will reprint the books and NEW
>people will hear about Theosophy, theosophy, Thesophia or however you want
>to spell or
>define the term.

Gladly.  Send me the money.

Sincerely,