Re: Independent Bodies

Apr 28, 1996 01:01 PM
by Jerry Schueler

JHE to me:
>      Jerry, if this is your interpretation of what I wrote, then
>I think our problem is a lot deeper than "semantics."

	It may well be, Jerry.  But how else am I to understand
a body "coming into existence" at the very moment of death?
Even our physical bodies take 9 months of gestation.  If you
could give me a quote from MLs or HPB to the effect that
the kama-rupa "comes into existence" at the moment of death,
perhaps that would help me understand where you are coming
from.  I know you don't care for G de P, but let me quote him
now anyway:

"The kama-rupa, which becomes the vehicle for the unconscious
or quasi-conscious entity in the kama-loka, is actually forming
constantly during the life of the individual: in other words it is
in a continual state of modification or change, these changes
beginning when the incarnated entity as a child first feels itself
conscious of mental and emotional affections, attractions, etc."
FOUNTAIN-SOURCE OF OCCULTISM p. 579

Now my own experiences and study dovetail with G de P.
If HPB or the Mahatmas say differently, then please give
me a quote or two, and maybe we can thrash it out as to
why G de P differs so much.  As you can see from the above
quote, the kama-rupa is with us all of our life, truly becoming
the "kama-rupa" only after severance of the sutratman.
Guess what, Jerry?  Since it is here, now, during life, it is
not too great a step to suggest that we can shift our
consciousness to it during life, and use it.  And this is
exactly what we all do;  magicians consciously, other
folks unconsciously.

	Jerry S.
	Member, Ti