Re: amusement

Apr 28, 1996 12:37 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 09:43 AM 4/28/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Alexis writes to Daniel:
>
>>Daniel: I am not Paul Johnson and you will not send me "packing" the way you
>>and your bunch did him. So forget it! Now, let's get this straight, and I'll
>>put it as carefully as possible so as not to confuse you.
>
>Daniel responds:
>
>Alexis, I sent Johnson packing?  I simply criticized some of his statements
>in his books.
>I never called him names or said he was a bad person.  I even said I enjoyed
>his books,
>found them thought provoking and even recommended that people read them!
If he
>"left", he choose to do so.  I assume he just didn't like me criticizing
>what he had written.
>But I believe I had a right to do that.

Anyone has a right to criticize what a person writes, but I contend that in
the unrelenting and unremitting criticism of a person whom you knew was
hyper-sensitive to criticism, you carefully and intentionally worded things
in your inimical way so as to hurt his feelings to the maximum amount. Paul
is a person who is far too sensitive for his own good, but you knew that,
and I think, used it.

> And, oh, BTW, you haven't
>confused me.  If you enjoy believing that you have, then continue believing so.

But I have quite obviously confused you, for somehow, no matter what I say,
you respond to something else, usually something that I neither said nor
implied. I don't bully easily Daniel, and you'll find that, after years and
years of disputing Christian Fundamentalists I can handle Theosophical
Fundamentalists too. By the way, I have never heard that calling a bully a
bully was insulting, it's just truthful.

>Some of your remarks are so amusing.
>
>DHC

Well I hope you enjoy yourself while you may, I think you will find me far
less amusing as time goes by.."he who laughs last...."

alexis the oh so arrogant
the eclectic theospher
veritas vincit omnia
Member :Gang of Five (That's my "bunch", not mine in that I "own" it, but
mine in that I'm part of it))