Re: Religion

Apr 27, 1996 07:26 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <2.2.32.19960427083347.006874a0@mail.slip.net>, alexis
dolgorukii <alexei@slip.net> writes
>Spiritual Hierarchy is an oxymoron. Is it not?

It is.  In my experience, the people who actually get something
worthwhile out of religion(s) ignore the spiritual hierarchy for
practical purposes, and so it works for them.  Maybe one could see it as
a "crutch" - but is it kind to try to pull someone's crutches from under
them if we are not in a position to replace them with something better?
And I don't mean a book from the library!

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL:
Ancient Wisdom for a New Age