Re: Children

Apr 26, 1996 10:36 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

Jerry:

what a frightful and horrifying tale! What a terrible loss to both adults
and children this situation is. David Eddison, who usually writes very
wonderful "Swords and Sorcery Epics", wrote a Book called "Losers" and in it
he deals, I believe with another aspect of this problem. I will not discuss
it herein but i suggest you find it and read it.

As to myself, because of my work with animals, and because I'm a Shaman, for
some reason small kids are drawn to me, Once upon a time this led to some
happy times. but today when a child wants to hug or touch me I draw back and
am afraid to permit it. That's such a loss. The kids are all right because
they have the wolf to hug. But it's still a removal from human to human
contact. I see no end to it nor do my sources.

alexis dolgorukii