Re: anthropology-biology

Apr 25, 1996 12:50 PM
by Richtay

Alexis writes,

> We are at total cross-purposes and I don't think
> there's anyway I can get my ideas across to you and to be entirely
truthful,
> I find your views of theosophy repugnant. I find them so because they
> represent everything I don't like about the current incarnation of the
> theosophical movement. Personally I think my interpretation of H.P.B. and
> his motivations and agenda are more valid than yours, and I find
> preoccupation with what I see is "Who's on first" unfortunate.
> I have no wish to be rude to you, and no desire to be antithetic, but I
just
> don't have any desire to continue a discussion with absolutely no hope of
> any "meeting of the minds".

How convenient.  I (and others) can only assume that you do not want to
continue because I am prepared for a full-guns, no-holds-barred discussion,
and I am prepared to bring in current research as well as stand on HPB's
shoulders and defend her positions from the new vantage point of 20th century
science.  And, as you surely know, there's lots of it.  Good stuff.

Perhaps it is the height of folly to suggest that so many on this list are
quite in love with banter and chit chat and off the cuff remarks --
one-liners, anecdotes, etc. -- while shying away from in-depth discussion
which might, just MIGHT make them reconsider their positions.  And I am NOT
just referring to Alexis.

I will say that for my part I don't find your views repugnant, just naive.
 And when challenged, you retreat into "I don't want to play this game
anymore."

But frankly, you threw down the gauntlet by dismissing the anthropogenetic
teachings of HPB, and now refuse to back it up.

I certainly look forward to "the book," should it ever materialize.
 Meanwhile, the repugnant Theosophists will continue to study, discuss and
learn from the actual teachings HPB gave, especially from her magnum opus the
Secret Doctrine, which even at the end of the 20th century is only BEGINNING
to be understood, even by the most sincere students.