Re: Fatherly corrections

Apr 24, 1996 00:08 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 09:44 PM 4/23/96 -0400, you wrote:

>You're great at story telling, a light touch of humor, and
>giving us new words to look up in the dictionary! I'm not sure,
>though, that you look for feedback regarding how effectively
>you communicate your psychological and metaphysical analyses.
>This is something that you'll need to review as you prepare,
>someday, to vastly out do your last book, and reach the minds
>of untold thousands!
>
>-- Eldon

Eldon:

There is something I really would like for you to contemplate. Chuck, no
matter how idiosyncratic his linguistics, and no matter how idiosyncratic
his method of communication may be, NEVER BORES ANYONE! He says everything
he has to say short and perhaps nastily, but, I think, most people chuckle
(no pun intended) and go on to think about his point. I really wish you
yourself would think about how your long and tedious fatherly corrections
effect the folks on this list. Most people, (JRC for instance) do not need
their words reiterated in a new context to tell them what they have just
said. I can see that it irritates John Crocker immensely. I also think it
irritates Chuck. You apparently see yourself as a kind of moderator, but who
asked you? Condescension is always annoying, and Eldon, there is an
absolutely unavoidable aura of Condescension in so many of your postings. I
come at this as a neutral observer for you've not yet done it to me. So I
think I can tell you things from that neutral position that others might
view as "places angels fear to tread". You are obviously a nice,
intelligent, well-read theorist but i do believe you yourself would be
better off if you were not condescending, patronizing and tedious.

alexis dolgorukii
The Eclectic Theosophist
Shaman, Healer,