Re: Golden Dawn

Apr 20, 1996 10:55 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 09:27 PM 4/20/96 -0400, you wrote:
>"The formation of an Esoteric Section (or school) of Theosophy was
>intimately connected with another influential force of the 19th century,
>the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn." Quote from (The Key of It All),
>by David Allen Hulse, page xxxii vol. 1.  Does anyone know what school
>Hulse may be talking about?
>
>To the best of my knolwedge the only thing he was referring to has to be
The EsotericSection of The Theosophical Society as formed by Mmme. Blavatsky
during her lifetime. A number of the founding members of The Golden Dawn
were originally members of the Esoteric Section (Win Westcott for instance).
The section did not, but should have, died when it's only teacher did.

alexis dolgorukii
member TI,FTSA