Re: David Lane's Thoughts on Inner Visions

Apr 18, 1996 01:33 PM
by Jerry Schueler

> ...because it seems that we are confusing
>two very important issues: image produced characters which are an
>admixture of what we read, see, smell, and believe (hey, i just saw
>a pink unicorn playing with pee wee herman upon a pyramid in Elvis'
>deli at Plato's cave next to silly putty's newspaper stand) and
>images which are more or less reflections of what appears relatively
>stable and permanent in the here and now.
	Dan, I would suggest to you, that there is not as much
difference between these two types of images as you apparently
think there is.

>So here's the question in a simplified form: how does one know that
>an inner vision is "real"?
	First of all, all visions (i.e., all sensory input) are "real" to
the receiver.  Dreams are real (have you ever had a "fake" dream?).
A better question would be, what is a vision?
	In a practical sense, any vision that has meaning or value
to you at the time, is real.

	Jerry S.
	Member, TI