Re: attatchments

Apr 17, 1996 09:32 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 04:00 PM 4/17/96 -0400, you wrote:
>The attach function is a little more complicated.  The reason for this first
>of all is, that even if you are successful the attachment may not be able to
>be read by another if :
>1.)  There internet provider and yours may not have compatible systems.
>2.)  They do not have the appropriate software for reading your attachment.
>An example of 2.) would be if you sent me an attachment of a letter written
>in Word for Windows ver. 6.0 and I did not have a word processor software
>package on my computer.
>
>To use the attachment key all you have to do is access the Attach icon, and
>then go to the appropriate place on your tree that is revealed and highlight
>the file you want attached.  You need to have a file created and stored
>ahead of time and know where it is located.

O.K. I Have Word Perfect 6.2 (and am waiting patiently for 7.0) in tandem
with Windows 95, I have many "save as" options and when I want to send an
attachment I save as ASCII(text), the problem seems to be that sometimes I
get it where I want it. For example my short essay on the universe and
Intelligence's role in it...everyone appears to have gotten that. I recently
attached a longer piece I wrote regarding This List and it's function. Alan
Bain liked it and suggested I send it to the list at alrge. I have tried to
do so, but I have no idea if anyone got it. Am I missing some step in the
process?

>I hope the above is clearer then mud.

>Nick.
 Nick: Clearer than mud it surely was. Couple of questions: "Tree"? How
would I send such a thing to the list in general rather than specific
individuals?

alexis