Re: TI Introduction

Apr 18, 1996 04:04 AM
by Michelle Donald

>    Petrovna Blavatsky, formed the first formal Theosophical Society
>    in New York in 1875.  The successors to this Society
>    incorporated it in Madras, India, in 1905.

I dont see the need for this last sentence, could you please explain
its purpose?

>    Theosophists and The Theosophical Society (Pasadena) - both of
>    which are based in the U.S.A.  There are also said to be other
>    minor theosophical organisations subscribing to the same or a

I find the use of the word minor a judgmental term and the deletion
of this word from the sentence wouldnt detract from the meaning of
the sentence. For who are any of us to say whether one organization
is minor.

BFN
OOROO
Michelle

michelle@zip.com.au
Get On-Line Internet Training and Database Services
http://www.arch.unsw.edu.au/netcourse/