Re: Blasphemy & Humor

Apr 13, 1996 02:04 PM
by Jerry Schueler

Eldon:
>. We may want to make fun of the
>funny ideas that people sometimes hold regarding the deeper
>side of life, but should respect the actual feeling of the
>sacred that those people feel with the ideas. Our intent
>may be to get them to review and upgrade their thinking;
>it certainly would not be to get people to stop their
>appreciation of the sacred, simple because we don't like
>the words that they use to describe it.

	Our intent may be simply to see where the other
person is, spiritually.  If they laugh with us, they are far along.
If they cry out in moral anguish, they are standing right in
front of the starting gate.  Humor, Eldon.  If you don't have
a sense of humor, you are not a very spiritual person,
irregardless of how many books you have read and years
you have studied.  I hate to say this in such blunt terms,
but there it is.

	Jerry S.
	Member, TI