Re: Don't faint!

Apr 12, 1996 11:44 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 07:21 PM 4/12/96 -0500, you wrote:
>>>CUT<<<<<<<

I hope it will not cause you any distress, or faintness, but I am going to
say that for the most part, I agree entirely with what you say. As you may
know I am one of those who very much prefers "isis Unveiled" to the "Secret
Doctrine" for many reasons that I find well and good. You're certainly
almost completely correct in your discussion of the Gnostics. Though I
personally would tend to agree with Plotinus (or Porphyry, as I think more
likely). There are a lot of things about the Gnostics that I agree with, the
one thing I disagree with is their Christianity. The other thing I disagree
with is their unrelenting dualism. The same is true, in a way, with
Buddhism. With Gautama's basic ideas, I totally agree, with what time and
disicples have done to those ideas, I do NOT agree. I think Mahayana
Buddhism is a reincarnation of all those things in the Brahmanic Religion
that Gautama was rebelling against. I certtainly don't believe in Karma, as
either Buddhism or Theosophy teaches it. But then I don't have to, because
Karma isn't mentioned at all in the three objects, is it?

alexis dolgorukii