Re: PhD

Apr 12, 1996 11:15 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 08:19 PM 4/12/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Alexis,
>
>Rich happens to be our ULT representative on this list. He's also doing his
>PhD on Buddhism. Don't pass him off that lightly. He's a very knowledgeable
>fellow.
>
>Liesel
>
>Liesel:

First: I assume we're talking about Rich Tay? Well I assumed he was some
kind of HPB hagiographer. And his absolute reliance on the Secret Doctrine
as "revealed religion" would make it likely that he's ULT. But, what or
should I say which kind of Buddhism is he taking his PhD in, and where? He
clearly knows the Secret Doctrine cover to cover, like a fundamentalist
knows his "Good News Bible". That's obvious.But, unfortunately his position
is only important if one happens to agree with his view of the Secret
Doctrine, and I don't. I also do not particularly regard HPB as a kind of
deity. I don't pass anyone off lightly, but I find it impossible to have
reasoned conversations with someone who is essentially a fanatic. I guess it
runs in the family, you know the story about my Mother and Jerry Falwell. We
just don't brook fanatics lightly.

alexis