Re: Genius

Apr 13, 1996 01:06 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 12:20 AM 4/13/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Alex,
> Anyone who tried to work at a Frank Lloyd Wright desk would have another
>word to describe him in place of genius.
>
>Chuck the Barbarian MTI, FTSA
>Heretic
>Troublemaker
>
>Chuck: Do you know that one of Wrights most famous houses was originally
designed without a bathroom (he didn't like them thought they were far too
mundane)? And so when the client complained ONE was installed, minus window,
at the end of the row of bedrooms. His furniture was uncomfortable and
stiff, his houses close to unlivable but he was still the most incredibly
innovative archtectural philosopher I know of. That's the thing, Wright was
a philosopher of architecture but not an architect. Because of him, all
architecture changed for the better, and no I never met him, but I used to
work with some of the folks from Taliesin East and West. You did know that
in one of my earlier incarnations in this same body, I was an archtectural
designer? That was right after my incarnation as a paratrooper-special
forces mug, and that was right after my incarnation as a fashion model. It's
been fun!

alexis