To: Alexis, Re: Uptight

Apr 12, 1996 10:05 AM
by liesel f. deutsch

Sexuality & diet *do* have to do with it. I don't think a promiscuous person
is very mature, & spiritual people are. Part of becoming more spiritual is
finding ways to attune yourself to finer & finer vibes. That implies not
eating meat & exposing yourself, for example, to the fears the animals went
through while they were being killed. That fear is still in their meat.

Re "good". I see red whenever I hear that word, because when I was little &
even when I got bigger, I always had to be a "good little girl" , whatever
that implied in my mother's concept of it. So I never used the word in that
sense with my kids, nor with my pets. In the present day, I allow Chouchou
to bite, because she needs to be able to defend herself & to be able to
express "niet", but she doesn't bite hard anymore as she did when she was a
kitten. Just enough to let you know that she means "niet". When she
acomplishes something like that, I do tell her "good girl", which is my
signal of approval of her, a signal she can accept more readily than being
petted. You see, she spent her infanthood in a ditch & who knows where
before that, & after that, she had to submit to the painful minstrations of
my son healing the 2 infections which were choking her, & were full of
maggots. From those first experiences, she shrinks at first whenever you
touch her. I accept that, but I do touch her, & she's getting used to the
fact that I'm not the enemy every time I touch her. By the same token, the
word signal "good" works better with her, so I use it. In other words,
rather than trying to get her to be a "good little kitty", I try as much as
possible to let her be her own cat, but she's also got to fit in somewhat
with my own thing. Like this AM I slept late. It was a healing sleep after
acupuncture & somehow she knew that, because instead of pouncing on me "I'm
hungry, I'm hungry" at 5:30 AM, she sat quietly alongside my bed & waited
for me to wake up at 9:30.

 Presuming spiritual superiority is not the mark of a spiritual person, but
rather that of a pretender.

Gurus seem to have ways of informing their chelas that they are such, only
neither one vaunts it. Instead they more or less quietly, without much
fanfare, try to use their skills to benefit mankind. As for instance many
people who practice Therapeutic Touch have never even heard of Dora Kunz,
who invented it.
When you asked Harry van Gelder to heal someone he'd invariably say "I'll
try", & then he'd try with everything he knew how to do, including using his
ingenuity. He didn't always succeed, but most often, he did.

Liesel
Member TSA, TI, TS in Canada, HR