to Doss re the TS

Apr 12, 1996 06:33 AM
by K. Paul Johnson

As I understand your post in response to my Third Refuge post,
you are saying that anyone who expects anything from TS
affiliation is responsible for any disappointments that ensue.
At some level that may be true.  But you certainly err in
assuming that I "expected" to get publisheby a Theosophical
publisher, etc.  The bottom line of what I expected is the
Three Objects.
1) If an organization proclaims the goal of being a nucleus of
universal brotherhood, why can't one expect the most prominent
members and leaders of such organization to *at least try* to
behave in a fraternal manner toward one another?
2) If an organization proclaims the goal of studying
comparative religion, science and philosophy, why can't one
expect an open-minded investigation of all subjects related to
those objects, rather than proclamations that some subjects are
off-limits?  Particularly, that the Masters are both perfected
men and something beyond that, that it is blasphemous to
discuss their human qualities, etc. etc.
3) If an organization proclaims the goal of investigating
hidden powers etc., why doesn't one have the right to expect a
sincere inquiry into such matters rather than a dogmatic
assertiothat they are dang etc.?