Re: morality

Apr 10, 1996 11:41 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 12:34 PM 4/10/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Jerry,
>Buffoons is exactly the word for them.  HPB wrote a good Victorian game to
>keep her audience happy, but in her personal life she was anything but what
>would have been considered moral in her time and she had great fun playing
>little, and not so little pranks on those who thought they were.
>Now as for me, I try to be as immoral as possible because it is said that the
>wicked shall prosper and I like the idea of prosperity. :-)
>Remember, the gods created stuffed shirts so that the rest of us could let
>the hot air out of them.
>
>Chuck the Barbarian, MTI, FTSA
>Heretic
>Troublemaker
>When I hear the word "moral", I reach for my helmet.
>
>Chuck:

You are not immoral, you are amoral, and there's one hell of a difference.
Actually "morality" is a religion based copnecption used to oppress humans!
You will notice that the morally up-tight usually try to weasel their way
out of it by conjoining "ethics" and "morality" but it doesn't really work
because ethics is a valid conception and morality isn't. The morally
up-tight are, just like their imaginary dieties, busybodies!
Actually I think the "gods" (in whom I, being one, don't believe" )invented
stuffed shirts as a horrible negative example to all of us as to how NOT to
be! One really good thing though Chuck, no one will ever accuse you of being
a "stuffed shirt".

alexis, MTI, FTSA
when I hear the word moral I tend to reach for my sword..Nothung!