Re: TI membership list

Apr 09, 1996 10:34 PM
by John Vorstermans

Liesel wrote:

>Dear John Vorstermans,

John is fine....

>I don't know how much of an illusion you think it is, if I live in a country
>where, if I open my mouth to voice an opinion which doesn't conform with the
>Party Line, they'll right away give me a ride to the nearest concentration
>camp, or to a Gulag, have your pick.

We are obviously on two totally different wave lengths here.  I made my point
regarding "Freedom" as a composite spiritual being.  These physical aspects of
ourselves are merely a tool for experience and understanding, which will
hopefully eventually lead to wisdom and enlightenment or samadi.

Certainly the experience of a soul born as a Jew in Nazi Germany is going to
be differenent from a soul born in todays very materialistic USA.  Yes there
is "apparent" freedom in the USA.  However I believe this experience of what
you call freedom is not really true freedom at all.

Certainly from a physical aspect there seems to be more freedom for the USA
citizen as far as speech or movement is concerned but this has more to do with
the souls dharma and karma than it has to do with freedom.  If you look deep
enough at the individuals or probably even better, yourself, you will find
that you actually have very little freedom.  You will find many constraints
around you, most probably generated by your own beliefs and values and your
own past experiences.  There will be others dictated by the society you live in.

True freedom is not something that is easy to express in words.  That is why
I suggested contemplating on the concept for a while and see what comes up.
I am not saying I am right but this is my opinion as I currently understand it.
I also live in what you might call a relativly free country, New Zealand but I
honestly do not believe I am any more free than the Jew in Germany to go through
the experiences that I as a spirituall being have decided it is necessary to
go through.  Sure I can run from experiences that look cruel or harsh but
eventually they tend to come back for me to face.

It is too easy to generalise and think we know what is right and wrong
when often we can only see the physical or emotional impact of an
experience.  The experience is often much more than we will ever
understand.  The challenge is to try and understand it from all it's
aspects.

Confused?

John

--