Re: Misunderstandings re: K, ES

Apr 09, 1996 06:18 AM
by K. Paul Johnson

According to M K Ramadoss:

> This reply is cross-posted to listening-l, where K related matters are
> discussed. Any respondent on listening-l may like to cross post the
> message here at  theos-l@vnet.net

Dear Doss:

I really wish you hadn't done that.  With enough adversaries in
Theosophical circles to last a manvantara, I don't need
Krishnamurti-ites demanding that I prove everything I say too.

> > so I think it more plausible to conclude that he encouraged her
> > to maintain the ES and use it as a tool to turn the TS towards
> > his own teaching.  From what I hear this has been/is being done
>
> 	This is the first time I hear of this.

If Radha is a disciple or admirer of K., who ran for the
presidency on his instructions, wouldn't it be surprising if
that *weren't* reflected in the direction she took the ES?  My
only source for this is a post someone made in which this was
asserted as fact here on theos-l.  Of course with people and
organizations wrapped in secrecy, the chance of an outsider
being able to prove anything is next to nil.

> 	After K's statement that Truth is a Pathless Land, I have not
> seen either his claiming any *authority* for himself least of all any
> *spiritual* authority,

Sometimes actions speak louder than words.  The best source I
know of regarding this angle on K. is Sloss's Lives in the
Shadow.  He certainly allowed-- no, acted as if he expected as
his proper due-- his followers to treat him with great
deference due a World Teacher.  While explicitly questioning
such behavior.

 and I have also not seen his mentioning *Masters*
> and least of all *his* intimacy with Masters. Since this is a fairly new
> revelation to me, can you enlighten me about your source for the above.

Actually, on the subject of the Masters, I cannot enlighten
you on my source since it was made available to me on a
confidential basis.  However, perhaps I can find some things
*in that source* which will confirm what I am saying.  Again,
back to Radha-- if she is really a Krishnamurti intimate and
disciple, would she be pontificating about the Masters being
something *beyond perfected men* about whom it is blasphemy to
speak in human terms, unless she somehow thought such a view in
harmony with his (secret) teachings?  What I'm suggesting is
that K. never really denied his intimacy with Masters as
completely as it might seem from a superficial reading.
Moreover, he acted as if he were precisely what/whom Leadbeater
had proclaimed him to be-- the World Teacher.

Will dig around for details.  Feel free to cross post my
response, since we've gotten started down this path, but I
don't wish to engage in debates with an expanded group.

Cheers