Re: Russia & E-Mail

Apr 08, 1996 11:25 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

Liesel:

I am given to understand that the P.C. and E-Mail are alive and well
inRussia, and have been for some time. When the Communist die hards mounted
their "putsh" that led to the storming of the "whirte House" it was Young
Russians and their P.C.'s who kept the world fully informed when the
"putschmeisters" had decreed a news blackout. The same is true of the
"Velvet Revolution" in Prague and Bratislava, it was P.C. and E-mail that
keptr the thing alive. Dictators can only survive long if the absolutely
control all information sources and therby all information. In the long run
it'll be P.C. that will bring down the Chinese gerontocracy, and eventually
Radha will find out that her denial fo the Internets possibilities will be
the death blow to Theosophy as she wants it to be. John and I went hunting
on the Web for Adyar Brand theosophy and all of the pages and information
bits have been recently removed. Too bad.

I will send a letter off to the Russians as soon as I have the absolutely
best address I can find. I will also post that letter on this list for all
to read.

alexis