Re: Whoa!

Apr 09, 1996 04:45 AM
by Drpsionic

Liesel,
If by Harry, you mean Harry Van Gelder, he used radionics to determine the
vibrations he was working with and from the way you describe it he was
following an older method of determining the healing rate.
We now know that such rates are anything but objective, in the sense that the
appendix tends to be in the same place for just about everyone, but that the
use of his instruments is almost totally dependent upon the mind of the
operator.
The problem is that the scientific method gets a little confused when you
work in such areas.  It is very difficult to test an hypothesis when every
hypothesis will work for someone but not for everyone.
The difference between science a magick seems to come down to this:  In
science, not everything will work, but what will work for one will work for
all.  Example, a rock will fall at the same rate of velocity no matter who
drops it.  In magick, every method will bring results for some operators, but
not all operators will be able to use every method and the results will
differ with each one.  Example, I may be able to use my instruments to cause
a person to, out of nowhere, desire to offer me a certain book.  Jerry may
not be able to get that, but his enochian angels may be persuaded to do it
for him.
Funny psionics story that Jerry Scheuler will remember.
At the 1987 American Booksellers' Association convention, we were both there
hawking our books for LLewellyn.  Carl Weschke decided that I should use my
equipment to get Shirley McLaine to come to our booth and endorse his
products.  I was a little uncomfortable with that as I had made a little joke
in my book about brainless movie stars but after much pleading I was
persuaded and did the work.  Well, we did not get Shirley, but we had at
least 15 red-headed women come into the booth in the space of a half-hour.

Chuck the Barbarian MTI, FTSA
Heretic
Troublemaker