Re: Movement towards central control

Dec 28, 1996 03:51 AM
by MK Ramadoss

At 054200 PM 12/28/95 -0500 Alan wrote:
>theos-l@vnet.net writes:
>
><When the TSA bylaws changes were published in AT especially
>those relating to the financial *micro management* clauses I
>noticed that it appears to show unmistakable de facto
>similarities even though couched in clever legal lingo that an
>average member may not recognize the full significance. Some of
>those who are supportive of the Paris line of *power grab*
>thinking *appears to have had* something to do with the fast
>tactics adopted for a speedy formal referendum approval of bylaw
>changes by TSA members with no publicity and almost no
>discussion of opposing views. I am still wondering what's going
>on? Is it the cyclical changes occurring at the end this
>century? Any thoughts?>
>
>MK Ramadoss
>
>I know that the International Order of Co-masonry has its HQ in
>Paris and that it found its support in England almost
>exclusively from members of the TS including Annie Besant who
>was a high degree member .......
>
>Alan
>--
>Member Theosophy International.
>Member Human Race.
>Private e-mail: guru@nellie2.demon.co.uk

I have researched some of the background to the International Order
of Co-Masonry. Annie Besant was the head of all the branches in the English
speaking world. While she was extremely active in it in addition to
various other lines of work in which she was involved she had the foresight
and wisdom to keep TS getting even unwittingly mixed up with other
organizations.

At Adyar campus there are Hindu Buddhist Zoroastrian Temples LC
Church and a Mosque. However when when a Masonic Temple was built she
bought a lot outside the TS campus in spite of several hundred undeveloped
land was available inside the TS Campus. I have been at several annual TS
conventions at Adyar. In none of the official programs of TS I have seen
the masonic meetings mentioned even though usually such occasions are used
by masonic and other group to meet.

It is in that context that I was amazed when 1994 TSA annual meeting
schedule had the Masonic program formally mentioned. It was at a time when
the dispute with Paris was dividing TS members against TS members on the
Paris' stand. Such a meeting did no good to the TS. Some may argue that it
may have done a lot of good spiritually. Some people may say TS has nothing
to do with any other organization. However when leading members are active
in the middle of such a serious dispute how can one ignore the commonality
of the personalities?

Just thought I should add the above.

MK Ramdoss