Re: Regarding TI

Dec 26, 1996 02:51 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

> I have been following *very closely* what is going on relative to
> TSA's Bylaws. As far as I know I *do not* see any power struggle.

I have been following very closely the discusson of all this on
theos-l! There clearly *is* a power struggle insofar as TSA HQ
are so I keep hearing attempting to railroad through a set of
by-law revisions because they want to reinforce their authority
over the membership. In other words having the power they
want to keep it. They may I suspect want to act quickly in
order to get the changes in place before the next set of
elections.

<snip>

> No matter what is discussed here TS it is *not* going to wither
> away because at the lodge/branch/study center level the activities are
> going to go on. The strength and vitality and usefulness of each
> lodge/branch/study center and any organization depends on the dedication and
> sacrifices of a *few individuals*. We do have such individuals at each
> lodge/branch/study center. It is each individual member who spread Theosophy
> and help the other individuals members or not with whom they come into
> contact.

In England over the last 20 years or so the same is true - but
*the number of lodges and centres* has steadily decreased and
shows few signs of reversing this trend. Two Lodges in this area
have closed down completely in recent times Bath Somerset and
Cheltenham Gloucestershire. Neither place is a small one both in
fact being large enough to need multi-storey car parks :. My
own Lodge has been helped to survive premises-wise by these
sad events - we eventually had the proceeds from the sale of the
Bath premises which enabled us to prevent our own from falling
down.

Oh - and it seems we Adyar have lost a few NATIONAL sections!
Come on Richard look reality in the face!

> Just thought I should share my views with everyone.

> MK Ramadoss
> Scribed at 4.00am cdt 12/26/95

Me too ....

Alan