Re: trust problem - being of service

Dec 25, 1996 03:44 AM
by liesel

To: Olcott Library

Dear Elisabeth

Iwasn't going to respond about this matter of library service but I've
changed my mind.

I really wonder whether my memory is playing computer tricks on me.

I remember very clearly your telling me several times not to send you any
more business but I don't recall anything about having new people contact
you directly ... only about not contacting you at all in this country or out.

For 23 years of my life I worked professionally with public including
drug addicts & bank presidents... longer on a volunteer basis. In all that
time I never pushed away anyone who sincerely sought my services. I tried to
take care of them no matter how busy I was no matter how much I had to go
out of my way. If they needed something I tried to get it for them or else
tried to see that someone else did. To me that's what "being of service"
means. Your conception seems to vary somewhat from mine & I guess I'm just
too dense to understand your style of service.
Liesel