Solar Cult Suicides

Dec 25, 1996 00:02 AM
by Keith Price

It seems it was an auspicious solstice with more negative elements than
positive so far. I don't have the news article but a front page story
mentioned that another branch know as the Solar Cult had a mass sucide in the
early morning of the 22nd. The story said that it may have been linked to the
time of the solstice. A note they left said they wanted to "see other worlds".
Another branch of this group committed mass sucide last year. They were linked
in the press to theosophy indirectly.Does anyone have more on this?

Chuck mentioned that he went to a solsctice celebration at headquaters and "it
was awful" and that John Algeo looked stressed and possibly a little ill.

I don't want to over-dramatize but I wrote my post about my solstice
meditation before I heard about the solar cult suicides. I may have
unconsciously linked with the negative group meditations that go on at this time
and I was also physically tired but this is the whole problem of the energies
at this time of year anyway.

I think we can learn yet another sad lesson from these suicides that a healthy
skepticsm and humor can protect one from the despair that sets in win one
doesn't see the world individuals or organizations like TSA transform to meet
our spiritual expectations. We are obviously on a long path of evolution.
It is sad to think that seemingly negative energies may be part of the
spiritual plan:

Alan writes concerning the path of Capricorn in the kabala:

"PATH TWENTY-SIX

"The Renewing Intelligence. Thereby God reneweth all which is
capable of renovation in the creation of the world."

Sepher Yetzirah: The letter Ayin. Laughter. The zodiacal sign
Capricorn.

The Minor Sephiroth: 'Hesed in Assiah.

The Christian Church: The Book of Epistles.

The Greater Tarot: Card fifteen the "Devil."

Commentary: "Thereby God reneweth all which is capable of renova-
tion in the creation of the world."

Keith:

For all that ignored the solstice it may have been just as well.

One more question: Was it good for you Alan?

Namaste
Keith Price