Re: TI

Dec 21, 1996 11:00 PM
by mike

Alan
I shall decline joining for the present until I can consider the
first object more.

If we define discrimination as "choosing with care | good taste
discernment" Webster's I'm not sure what forming a nucleus
means. Certainly in my own life I discriminate on creed and
sexual orientation. That is not to say that I can't respect
those that have other views.

-Mike Grenier

writes:

>> Alan
>> I think I was swamped at about the time discussions of TI went around.
>> Could someone tell be the principles associated with this.
>>
>> -Mike Grenier
>> mike@planet8.eag.unisysgsg.com
>
>"THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL comprises those who subscribe to the the
>three objects of the TS but in a more up to date form based on
>suggestions by members of the internet community and expressed
>thus:
>
>1. To form a nucleus within the universal human family without
>discrimination with regard to sex including sexual
>orientation creed class or color.
>
>2. To encourage and engage in the study of comparative religion
>theosophy philosophy and the scientific method according to
>individual ability and inclination.
>
>3. To investigate unexplained laws of nature and unrealized
>human potential and abilities at the same time respecting _all_
>life.
>
>THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL is simply a Theosophical Network
>whereby it is sufficient to declare one's sympathy and/or
>allegiance to the three objects and to be registered as having
>done so. No belief system is required *nor assumed to be held*
>by any member.
>
>There are no fees no subscriptions although voluntary
>donations and/or contributions *could* be made to specific
>projects or even individuals for particular and specified
>purposes. As THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL does not have and does not
>need rules whether anyone participates in or supports any such
>activity is an entirely personal matter.
>
>We do hope to be of service and to share what we have with
>others."
>
>The following internet folk have so far signed up:
>
>Jerry Hejka-Ekins; Richard P. Taylor; Sy Ginsburg;
>Liesel F. Deutsch; Bee Brown; Peter Walstra;
>Murray Stentiford; Alan Bain; Jerry Schueler;
>Eldon B. Tucker; Anne Picker; John E. Mead;
>John R. Crocker;
>
>Sincerely
>
>Alan
>--
>Member Theosophy International.
>Member Human Race.
>Private e-mail: guru@nellie2.demon.co.uk

----
Michael W. Grenier mike@planet8.eag.unisysgsg.com
612-456-7869 Loral - Air Traffic Control