Re: Dark Night of the Soul

Dec 19, 1996 08:32 AM
by Lewis Lucas

> I mentioned that if there is sufficient experience of the higher
> principles there is no "dark night" when one shifts away from the
> lower.

I am not familiar with other writers who expouse this idea. Could you
share some reference? I thought it was a step in the rungs of the
ladder so to speak which was universally experienced--similar to
the Dweller on the threshold idea.

Sounds more like wishful thinking to me. It would be nice if we could
advance without the tests the fire which tempers the steel or would
it?

Lewis
llucas@mercury.gc.peachnet.edu