An Auspicious Solstice

Dec 17, 1996 01:36 AM
by Keith Price

We did a solstice celebration at the Houston Lodge. I was asked to do a
meditation and I realized that this may be a very auspicious solstice indeed.
The solstice is a little late being on the 22. The solstice marks the longest
day of the year the dark night of the soul. We move from the frivolity and
generosity of Sagitarius ruled by Jupiter Santa to Capricorn the merciless
executive ruled by Saturn the father of endings and restriction.

Provocatively the new moon in Capricorn occurs almost exactly at the same time
which I think is very unusual K. Paul help me out on this! This means the new
year is heralded by new beginnings of the and Moon in Capricorn. To further
this influence there is a continuing conjunction of Neptune and Uranus in
Capricorn furthering the influences of this sign. Pluto moves into Sagitarius.

Some possible interpretations. This year will be marked by a move toward
austerity and responsbility or there will be very negative consequences. The US
Budget will be modified and signed marking the end of a 30 year cyle of
government give-aways. Medicare-Medicare will be changed to increase individual
responsiblity and will be managed by executives more like HMO executives and
less like irresponsible bureaucrats. Medical care for all will be a serious
issue but the element of sprituality will be introduced so that death is seen
once again as a nescessary growth stage and less a punishment to be avoided at
all costs. Hospices and death with dignity movements will also be seen more.

Pluto in Scorpio coincided with the AIDS crisis and Pluto's slow movement into
Sagitarius will bring philosophical and spiritual insights into the slow
management of the disease. Abortion racial and decadent spirituality in the
entertainment industry will be further examined with a more philisophical eye.

Neptune and Uranus in Capricorn fortell monstrous yet hazily and almost
glamourous changes in economic and political instituions. Power grabs in
organization large and small wil be seen with democratic fairness being replaced
by executive commands know what I mean?!.

The good side of Capricorn is that discipline and restriction bring need
prudence and skill with what once was thought as endless bounty. Enjoy the
influence of Sagitarius while you can. Kiss your favorite Mr. or Ms. Claus
before we get even further into harrassment issues just a joke :!

Is this a bunch of Capri-corn or what smiles and hugs for the holidays?!
Merry Solstice and Happy New Cycle of Evolution!
Namaste
Keith Price
Merry Solstice