Serving ...

Dec 13, 1996 02:23 PM
by guru

Sy: Adapting your posting:

> In my view Wheaton [and all National Section Headquarters]
must be the servant of the Lodges and Study Centers if they are
people who genuinely want to serve Theosophy and not try to be
the masters of those Lodges and Study Centers and I believe
this also should apply to Adyar on the international level.
There appears to be something very wrong there also.

My ideal would be to see National Section HQs as co-ordinating a
network of lodges or branches each of which would run its own
affairs in its own preferred way and in the case of the Adyar
TS to which I belong in line with the three objects
preferably TI flavored :-}. Lodges or branches would also
have to be self-sufficient owning or renting their own property
on behalf of their own local members as non-profit making
organizations in law which would require all assets to be
passed to a similar organisation in the event of dissolution.

This should make control from the top impossible.

Alan
--
Member Theosophy International.
Member Human Race.