Re: Serious Nit Picking

Dec 12, 1996 09:22 AM
by Liesel F. Deutsch

Eldon

Re the Masters not giving out many esoteric secrets.
I think this is because many people are not as yet ethically advanced
enough to be able to work with those esoteric secrets without hurting
someone. Just think of the faculty of being able to read another
person's thoughts which is said to not be terribly difficult to do.
If you can read someone's thoughts you'll know all their weaknesses
and if you're not completely ethical loving & harmless
you might go right for the jugular
if you get angry enough at them. It makes good sense to me that some
esoteric things are only given out to those who are ready. The others
don't need to settle for crumbs really but they need to learn what
there is to learn which includes hoiw to practice Ahimsa.

Liesel
Member Theosophy International
Member Human Race