Re: Nutritious Theosophy

Dec 12, 1996 07:39 AM
by Jerry Schueler

>To truly know a person and look into their heart requires empathy
>a direct-connectedness that resides in Buddhi. We need to put ourselves
>in that person's place by realizing how we are connected with that
>person. Using psychism looking at their physical appearance listening
>to what they say we can gather *external clues* to what is going on.
>But it's in our direct experience of oneness with the other person
>in which we really know what is needed.
>
>-- Eldon

Buddhi looks out at another person and sees - buddhi.
Your last sentence is absolutely correct. But "oneness with the
other person" requires more than buddhi because that person
is more than buddhi and his/her problems are not in buddhi
but in kama-manas. You cannot look directly at another person's
kama-manas through your buddhi alone. Atma-buddhi-manas
does not recognize any "problems" that exist in kama-manas
nor will it even recognize kama-manas as existing at all
but rather sees the person as whole and quasi-perfect. If
you want to "see" the problems fears and so on in another
person you have to use psychism in the sense of using
your own kama-manas which hopefully has been enlightened
and purified by atma-buddhi.
In the terms of modern magic/occultism in order
to see another person's astral or mental bodies you must
be in your own astral or mental body and view from that
perspective. Buddhi is the causal body and viewing through
that vehicle will not help to see another person's astral or
mental bodies at all but only the other person's causal
body which will not be helpful.

Jerry S.
Member Theosophy international