Re: parochial schools

Nov 23, 1995 07:31 AM
by Ann E. Bermingham

Liesel:
>I think it's difficult to lateron change away from what you've been
>indoctrinated with but it's not impossible. The things I live by now
>aren't at all the ones I was brought up with. It took a lot of effort
>& a number of years but it can be done to a great degree. You can't
>remake yourself 100% but you can remake a goodly percentage to your
>liking.

Yes I'm sure that is true for some people especially if you're whole family is
involved a particular religion. There can be a lot of social pressure to stay
with the crowd.

Speaking from exprerience it took only a few months for me to turn my thinking
towards the ideas given out by Cayce. My parents weren't too happy with it but
eventually changed their mind after I left home and got married. Maybe the act
of leaving the nest and marriage make one look different in the mind of one's
parents. You have left childhood and taken on the responsibilites of adulthood
causing them to see you in a different way.

Since I survived till adulthood I hold out joyful hope for any children that
may be gifted or have questions. The answers may be there when they least
expect them when they get older.

- ann