Re: Taking Heaven by Storm

Nov 22, 1995 01:12 PM
by Lewis Lucas

> Eldon:
> >Deferred gratification is a sign of emotional maturity. We
> >curb our impulse buying in order to achieve more important
> >financial goals. The same is true of bigger things in life.

Jerry S.:

> Your first statement is absolutely correct. However
> I can't see that it applies to this situation. To say that we will
> not TRY in this life but will wait until a later life is the lazy
> albeit safe road to take IMHO that has no hope of working.
> The spiritual Path is only gained in a measure proportionate to
> our effort -- this effort being expended in this or future lives or
> both. In other words we each have a choice now in this life to
> take the bull by the horns and TRY or to do good deeds and be
> a nice person and expend the necessary effort in a future life.
> What I have been trying to say for some time is that the goal will
> never be attained without the sincere effort being made and if we
> truly desire to wait until the next life then this very desire will
> carry over to that next life and we will once again wait and
> so on forever. If we have the desire to Tread the Path now in this
> life then and only then will this desire carry over to our next
> life and we can take up where we left off. I am sorry Eldon
> but Heaven can only be taken by storm not in bits and pieces
> although we can certainly approach it in degrees that way but
> any incremental approach to infinity will never actually get us there
> will it?.
>
> Jerry S.
Lewis:

Good point Jerry. Reminded me of this quote from Mahatma Letters
to A.P. Sinnett:

"The fact is that to the last and supreme initation every chela -
- and even some adepts -- is left to his own device and counsel. We
have to fight our own battles and the familiar adage -- 'the adept
*becomes* he is *not made*' is true to the letter."

K.H.
M.L.309

llucas@mercury.gc.peachnet.edu