Re: Daath & Qlippoth

Nov 15, 1995 04:07 AM
by Jerry Schueler

Alan:
>Shells are containers like our bodies. That's it. Grant is
>mild compared to "The Master Bertiaux" ...

True. I was given a copy of his Voudon Gnostic Workbook
Magickal Childe and was unable to tell if he was serious or just
trying to pull my leg. But Bertiaux was supposedly Grant's guru
so I don't know ...

Alan:
> In the Tree
>of Jacob's Ladder which I have had endorsed by a latter-day
>Jewish 'Hasid as 100% compatible with their version of Kabala
>the sephira Daath usually depicted in the center of an Abyss
>disappears whenever a [rising] shift in awareness/ consciousness
>occurs and becomes the foundation or Yesod of the next level
>up.

I would agree that Daath is located in the Abyss
at the separation between the higher 03 Sephiroth and the
lower 7. In fact in a sense it IS that separation. Magic
schools take the Qabalistic idea a little further and have
detailed the Abyss in ways probably never dreamed of by
the old Jewish Qabalistis. This is especially true for
Crowley and his OTO. I am not trained in Kabbalah but
rather in Qabala - the New Age magical version. All I can
say is that it works quite well and it is a most intriguing
subject.
You seem to be saying that Daath contains
a "wormhole" to the Yesod of Yetzirah a road from Assiah
to Yetzirah?. Most magic schools as far as I know don't
make much use of the four "worlds" of Assiah Yetzirah
Briah and Atziluth but rather stick only to the 10 Sephiroth
viewing the spheres on separate cosmic planes all the
way up to the highest divinity Kether. Using three extra
worlds gets messy for those whose interest is mainly
pathworking. Kabbalists I believe teach that the
Qlippoth are the shells or outer bodies of the spheres
and exist here in Assiah. The OTO and the Qabalists
teach that the Qlippoth exist on a lower cosmic plane
that our physical plane which is why it seems to
correspond to the 8th Sphere.

Jerry S.