Research

Nov 14, 1995 04:33 PM
by guru

Greetings all!

Recently announced *Abraxas* titles on theos-news and
theos-roots are being issued under the aegis of the
"Theosophical Research Group" unattached but comprised of
members of the TS in England and soon with overseas members. It
is a loose grouping dedicated to speculative as well as purely
historical study without any dogmatic bias and reflecting a
variety of opinions. To avoid argument and dissension it is not
tied to any specific Lodge nor does it claim to be an official
body within the TS - simply a group of Theosophists who wish
tostudy and publish the fruits of that study. It is in no way
hostile to but very supportive of the TS and its aims.

Prefaces by R.A.Gilbert in publications to date are not very
well disposed towards the Mahatmas as independent entities nor
towards what he calls "Leadbeater and the Besant/Leadbeater
axis."

However all the personalities are in the past and it is hoped
that the kind of events that led to so many schisms and personality
cults in the past will remain safely buried there.

Because of the fact that the past shapes the future initial
publications are reproducing some of the scarcer writings which
highlight the problems of the formative years of the
Theosophical movement. We have no wish to try to assassinate
the dead - this is impossible. We do care about the future
however and we can all learn from the past just as we can all
learn by sharing our resources.

If any theos-list subscribers feel they have a useful
contribution to make we want to hear about it. As time goes
by we hope to publish booklet or pamphlet length writings from
the living as well as reprinting the writings of those who have
gone before.

Sincerely

AB