Re: Re to RJI - Fraud vs the Magical Imagination

Nov 09, 1995 06:12 AM
by RIhle

> Virtually everyone holds some form of self-image within
>themselves and it greatly conditions the world they apparently live in
>.. it functions almost as a filter that determines what few aspects of
>the totality of the actual world will become apparent to waking
>consciousness.

Hi John it is good to hear from you. An individual old enough to have
passed into at least the sixth seven-year cycle and who has done enough work
to be able to recognize and keep the "Once-Removed-Vantage" on all the
varieties of undifferentiated consciousnesses those cycles are associated
with no longer has the fully operating type of "self-image" you may be
suggesting. At the least it rather *they* since we are really speaking of
predilection toward various patterns of "semi-Self opportunity" is fading
fast. "Fictionalization" of any sort is probably not something one should
get too serious about before finding the toe of the Buddha. . . .

>Greetings R I think I met you at a TS Annual Summer thing several years
>ago ... good to see your inadvertantly enigmatic presence here on the
>list -: ...

I thought I should show up from time to time since I will be taking over the
T.S. in a few years.

Best wishes

Richard Ihle