Re: Re: Regarding pets

Nov 09, 1995 03:34 AM
by Ann E. Bermingham

eldon:
>It wouldn't work with me. Cats are banned from the house because
>I'm allergic to them. It's not that I don't like them ... They
>certainly do have intelligence of their own. If you decide to
>move or give them away their lives are affected. They aren't
>on an equal basis with you although they are sentient members
>of your household.

You or I may not think they are on an equal basis. Cats think they are superior
to us and have consented to let us have the privilege of living with them.
Abuse them and they'll run taking their chances elsewhere. One man I knew had
his male cat neutered and when he brought him home from the vet the cat jumped
out the window never to be seen again.

>>>When we shift our attention away from animals and consider plants
>>>there does not seem to be any prohibition against keeping house
>>>plants.

>>Don't have any. My cats destroyed them all. :-

>How about elementals. They taste better than mice! <grin>

Is that comment based on personal experience? What do elementals taste like and
would one be a vegetarian if one ate one? <hee-hee>

- ann

-- Eldon