Re: animal monad revisited

Nov 04, 1995 03:27 AM
by Ann E. Bermingham

> Think of it this way: There is one Divine Monad which is
>a spark from the flame of divinity. Every single geometrical point
>in space-time is one of these Monads yes there are a heck of a lot
>of them. Now these send "rays" or self-expressions down into the
>cosmic planes of manifestation. When such a Divine Monad is
>expressing itself as an animal in the animal kingdon it is called for
>convenience only an animal monad. When expressing itself as a
>human in the human kingdom it is called a human monad and so on.
>This is pretty much the way that I see it. Does this help? If so then
>you will be ready for more advanced stuff because G de P then starts
>getting into some complicated technical issues. Eldon can help
>out there.
>
> Jerry S.
>Hi Jerry
>That is not actually what he was saying as I am trying to understand. He
>said that there is also an animal monad in us along with the rest of the
>monads. We are composite beings and the animal monad in us now becomes a
>human monad in the next round or something like that. Our present human
>monad is headed for Dhyan- Chohans at that time. He is at pains to point out
>he is not talking about our rupas bodies. Maybe it is the human-animal
>monad as distinct from the animal-animal monad that sort of oversees the
>body and the elemental essences that make it up.
<snip>
>The animal-animal monad needs a spell as human-animal monad so to evolve to
>To understand something properly I need to convert it into simpler terms and
>that ain't so easy with all this stuff. It is like I paint myself a mental
>picture of what I am trying to understand and once it starts to look like a
>painting then I begin to understand.
>Many thanks Bee

My first reaction to this post was "huh?". There's been a lot of talk on the
list about how new-comers feel about TS and how the books needs to have the
language updated and how the educational materials need to be redone. The above
conversation strikes to the heart of the matter. I'm sure that those with a few
years or more than a few years of study can into this stuff and understand the
lingo but the new guy would be running for the ARE.

I dropped out of Akbar Lodge in Chicago when I had the chance to join a study
group that began with Introductory Study Course to Theosophy. Globes? Rounds?
I didn't have clue and stayed with the study group until a couple of weeks ago
when ran out of people. I went back to Akbar Lodge more confident but still
sure that I don't know anywhere near what the others do.

Have you noticed how many people involved with TS have teaching degrees at
universities? A friend told me that most people read on the level of a
third-grader. Where does that leave TS?

- ann